- The Login
- Your personal Start page
- File area
- Interaction with others
- Additional functions
- About Stud.IP
- Instructional videos
- All categories
Step 1: The basic course data
Entering the basic data is the first thing you are asked to do. You see the following input fields:
Now you have to enter the data for your new course:
1. First enter the name of the course.
2. Select a category which is appropriate for your course.
3. Please quote in which room the course will take place (e.g. ZHG011, VG415, etc.)
4. Enter the course number under which the course is listed in the Course Catalogue.
5. State whether the course takes place regularly or at irregular intervals. This data is important later for working out course appointments (dates) and for preparing a schedule.
6. If it is a course in which students can obtain credit points, please state how many “ECTS points” will be given for successful participation in the course.
7. Please indicate if you would like Stud.IP to limit the number of participants. If you use this option, only the number of participants you enter can participate in this course. Naturally, this restriction is purely virtual; lectuers often recheck the list of participants generated by Stud.IP at the first session.
You have two options for limiting the number of participants:
In both cases you can set quotas in a later step and must declare a lottery date or a deadline for allocation. In both cases the remaining places will be filled will participants from other contingents.
8. In the large course description field please enter, in a manner similar to that used in a university prospectus, a description explaining what kind of course it is.
9. Select your home institute from the list. The list opens up when you click on the small down arrow button. If you are a lecturer at only one institution, you can only select your institution.
10. If addtional institutes are participating in the course, you can now also enter them. If more than one additional institute is participating, hold down the CTRL key on your computer keyboard while you click on more entries in the list with the mouse.
Please briefly check the data you have input for correctness. If all entries are correct, click on the Continue button.